Sunday, May 24, 2015

COSRX Blackhead Power Liquid Review: the best thing I've come across!

             Storytime guys: Last year August-September-ish, I decided to try the Asian double cleansing method that I came across on the Asianbeauty subreddit. After all the raves I read and the videos I watched, I thought I'd be okay. Needless to say I stupidly purchased the Shiseido Perfect Whip and the Kose Deep Cleansing Oil immediately in hopes of perfecting my skin without patch testing. That ended horribly, you can click the reviews if you're curious.

             What ensued was a horrible flare up of closed comedones all over my face. (I know for some people this might be nothing, but for me personally it was a nightmare as my skin has never been this bad). Every time I washed my face I would just feel bumps throughout the entire surface area of my face-- it was so depressing. For the next two months, I tried so many other things. The home remedies helped, but not dramatically. I tried going back to a more simpler moisturizer (an ex-HG) but it just aggravated it. The bad skin stayed for a good 2 months until I finally started treating it with the COSRX BHA (beta hydroxy acid) product in January. Pictures ahead!


Sorry about the blurriness. The clusters were actually a lot denser than you can see here. My forehead before went from clear to this within a short frame :( I had this skin from September until January when I started using it.

          To resolve this mess I made with my skin, I used nothing but the COSRX BHA and their Snail Mucin Essence. Over the next month, not too slowly but surely my face was beginning to unclog and purge. I remembering having grits come out here and there every day during my "recovery". As of current, I still have leftover Post Inflammatory Erythema from this traumatic event in my skin history *sob*


By February, I had already forgotten about my 4 month long period of being depressed about my skin.

            Conclusion: Seriously, COSRX is amazing. I just finished my first bottle of the Blackhead Power Liquid and repurchased it right away along with their Salicylic Acid exfoliating cleanser! I use the BHA for daily maintenance and I find that it definitely helps keep my nose relatively free of blackheads. After this experience they've practically stole my heart now. I give it a 5/5, it's a staple for me now.

I also think they might have reformulated the BHA somewhat. The first batch I bought in January was made several months before that, and it smelled stronger (it smells like rubber tires, you get used to it) and had just a tad thicker viscosity to it. The new version I received in the mail has a very subtle yellow tinge and is more watery. It still works just as well! I appreciate the lack of an odor now :)


My empty bottle next to my new one <3

So, If you have any problems like mine, I totally recommend trying them out. I got my first bottle from Roseroseshop because during winter they had a sale. The second bottle I got from Jolse on ebay, but you can also purchase from her site Jolse.com (Haul review to come!).

Thanks for reading <3
Emi

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this :) I am glad to hear that your skin is behaving again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you use it? With a cotton pad or you just pat it on your face?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there. I just wondering if your BHA power liquid works well or not since it has yellowish colour. Because I got the same colour for my second purchase. I am so worry if it has contaminated or something. It still hasnt passed it expire date. Still hasnt use it tho.

    ReplyDelete