Sunday, May 24, 2015

Shiseido Perfect Whip and Kose Deep Cleansing Oil Review

      If you've stopped by my blog, chances are you've seen my blog post about how my oil cleansing attempt wrecked my skin and the COSRX BHA became my savior. Now, I got these two items because of the raves I read on how well they cleaned makeup off and out of your pores and skin. The fact that these were many people's HG products also helped. Please do keep in mind that your mileage may vary!

       Anyway, at that point, I had absolutely no idea about the importance of pH levels in cleansers and its effect on the skin's protective moisture barrier. Basically, if your cleanser is within a pH of 4ish-6ish your skin should be fine. Too low your skin will be irritated, too high and bacteria (like acne) can easily thrive.


       Ignorant of the fact that the Shiseido Whip was a whopping 8 at the time of purchase, I was so excited to use it. I mean the commercial had the girl making that huge foam bubble thing with her hand, how could I resist?



        As for the Kose Deep Cleansing Oil, I had never tried a cleansing oil before. I chose this one because after my research I decided to order these two in conjunction (both from Japan) for the sake of convenience.

         This was a recipe for disaster-- the oil clogged my pores and gave me painful pimples while the Perfect Whip absolutely destroyed my skin's barrier. My face went from relatively clear to complete comedone/pimple city within the first two weeks, and stayed in that condition until January (I received the COSRX).

         Performance wise, they are incredible for getting off dirt/sunscreen/makeup. The oil emulsifies and rinses off well and the Perfect Whip smells really nice. The oil smells a bit like orange oil though, and has a pretty runny viscosity (it's very thin). Also, when you use a foaming net (I used a piece of a shower loofah net) it's super fun to work with because the foam gets so bouncy. I think it's because of these fun aspects that I didn't pay attention to my skin, and it just worsened as I kept using it.

        Sadly since they didn't work for me, I keep them around for cleaning makeup tools, on which they're also very effective. All in all, I don't recommend the Shiseido Perfect Whip, but you may want to try out the Kose Deep Cleansing Oil if your skin handles comedogenic ingredients better than other people. And please, patch test. Don't be like me!

I hope my post was helpful somewhat.

Thanks for reading!
Emi

No comments:

Post a Comment